Monday, December 9, 2019

Windy Wellington!!


In week 5 the Yr 7&8’s went down to Wellington for camp. We left school at 9:30 and made our way down to Auckland. Our flight was at 3:00, first we checked in and went through security. I thought the plane ride was going to be scary but it wasn’t so bad. We arrived in Wellington at around 3:30 then hopped off the plane and went down to the baggage claim and grabbed our baggage. Next we waited for Aunty Prue and Mrs Lindsay to bring the vans around. Once they brought the vans around we hopped in, we then started to make our way to the marae which wasn’t far from the city. We arrived at the entrance and jumped out of the vans then lined up to walk onto the marae and be welcomed with a Powhiri. Once we were welcomed onto the marae when got to talk more with the staff that were there and got to know them better since we were staying there for a week. We then grabbed our gears out of the vans and settled in inside the marae. Throughout the week we went to cool places such as the Te papa, The University, Mt Victoria, Cable car museum, The Library, Westpac stadium, the park and Parliament. My favorite thing about this trip was going to the Zoo because I got to see lots of interesting animals and got to go behind the scenes to see how and what the zookeeper's fed all there animals. My favorite animal was the giraffes because I found I found them satisfying because they were so tall and big. I don’t know if I might go to the university in Wellington, but I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment